A New Jersey man, employed by a roofing company, was sent to work on the roof of a warehouse when a live electrical wire jolted him.
The warehouse was owned and maintained by two separate companies.
After removing a condensing unit, the roofer was touched by a live wire that was left on the roof. Although the live wire had been left behind several years before, it still sent approximately 480 volts straight into the roofer’s body.
The roofer was thrown a distance of 20 feet. He sustained disk injuries at the base of his neck, and needs to undergo a spinal implant surgery and fusion surgery. The father of three now has difficulty walking, and will no longer be able to work in the same line of work.
The jury in the roofer’s case found both companies equally at fault for leaving the wire exposed. The man, who has been a roofer since he was about 20 years old, was awarded a total of $6.9 million, including $2 million for medical expenses, $2 million for pain and suffering, and $3 million for lost income.
The Grossman Law Firm
If you are involved in an electrocution accident or any other accident, you may be eligible to receive monetary compensation for your sustained injuries. Consult with a personal injury attorney from The Grossman Law Firm immediately at (877) 996-5539 for a free consultation.