Tractor-trailer accidents can be far more devastating and complicated than accidents involving regular passenger cars. The smaller cars usually end up with the worst damage.
Because of their sheer size and weight, tractor-trailers and commercial trucks can also cause fatal injuries to other motorists, passengers, and pedestrians.
Most accidents involving large trucks are the result of negligence on the part of their drivers or their companies.
Victims of tractor-trailer accidents, however, may find it difficult to claim the compensation they rightfully deserve as these large trucks are owned by commercial carriers and protected by powerful insurance agencies.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving oversized vehicles, consult with a New Jersey truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
They can assist in gathering evidence, file an injury claim on your behalf, and make sure that the entire process is as stress-free as possible so you can focus on your recovery.
Recent Tractor Trailer Accidents in New Jersey
No one is completely safe while they’re on the road. An accident can happen anytime, and the consequences can be catastrophic.
Here are some recent truck accidents in New Jersey that resulted in serious property damage, injuries, and fatalities:
- September 24: A Jersey Shore driver was killed when his tractor-trailer separated from its trailer and fell from a Route 287 overpass during an overnight crash
- September 21: A tractor-trailer struck two NJ Turnpike Authority vehicles, the concrete barrier and jack-knifed across the roadway before becoming engulfed in flames
- September 14: A terrible crash involving several cars and a tractor trailer on Route 280 overpass near exit 13 in Newark.
- September 4: A tractor trailer hauling scrap metal overturned on the I-10 to I-110 southbound ramp on Friday. The trailer flipped onto its side after colliding with the barrier wall.
- August 8: An overturned tractor trailer caused traffic delays on the New Jersey Turnpike north of Exit 2 in Gloucester County.
- August 4: A speeding car crashed into the rear of a tractor trailer in a horrific fatal crash in North Bergen on Tonnelle Avenue (Route 1 & 9), at the Paterson Plank Road overpass.
- July 2: Chain-reaction crash between 3 tractor-trailers on Interstate 78 in Somerset County where one of the drivers was killed.
- July 1: Tractor trailer crash on NJ Turnpike near mile marker 69. The crash involved multiple cars and a tractor trailer on the northbound side of I-95 in Teaneck.
- June 11: A truck hit a work site on Wynwood Drive. One of the workers sustained serious injuries.
- June 07: A passenger car rear-ended a disabled tractor-trailer on Interstate 295. The crash resulted in the death of the driver of the passenger car.
- June 06: A tractor-trailer ran off the road while traveling through the intersection of Route 619 and Route 519. It struck a utility pole, the deck of a home, a tree, and a guardrail. The accident resulted in the death of the truck driver.
- June 06: A dump truck struck a motorcyclist when the truck driver failed to negotiate a curve and instead veered into oncoming traffic. The crash resulted in the death of the motorcyclist.
- June 04: A dump truck crashed into an overhead sign and caught fire while traveling on Route 295. The crash pulled the sign support out of the ground and severely injured the truck driver.
- April 14: A crash involving a Ford dump truck and a FedEx truck took place on I-295, near exit 20. The accident resulted in the death of one person.
Injured in a Tractor Trailer Accident? Contact Us Today
Thousands of tractor-trailers and large commercial trucks travel across New Jersey’s highways and interstates every year. Because of the size, weight, and limited maneuverability, these vehicles pose serious risks to other motorists and pedestrians.
At Grossman Law, we understand the significant financial and emotional burden that can result from a truck accident. We will help you understand your legal options, protect your rights, and aggressively fight for your interests.
Our experienced lawyers will help make sure that you and your family obtain the compensation you deserve.
Call (732) 625-9494 or contact us online to schedule a confidential consultation.